Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of

I've never been excited for anyone else quite the way I was for both my little brother Kyle and Juliette last night. Kyle got home from CMU around 5:30 p.m., and right away, they took to each other. Juliette loves having a boy around, which is great -- all puppies need a boy to play with! Kyle loves to play fetch and missed that as Daisy was getting older, so he really enjoyed playing with her last night. It's nice to have the five of us together. She is of course enjoying even more constant attention than she already was.

This morning was a little exhausted. Juliette was a little more overwrought than usual and that resulted in a little more crate time mid morning than I would normally like, but she has since calmed down quite a bit and is now relaxing and enjoying a nice Saturday afternoon with us.

We are getting some sudden snow here this afternoon. It started as flurries less than an hour ago when I took Juliette outside for a potty trip. Within five minutes, it got heavier, and now it's a full on snow shower and my car has easily another inch of snow on it. Kyle and I are looking forward to playing in the snow with Juliette sometime this weekend, probably in the backyard, but I'm thinking of going to Walmart and investing in a pair of snow pants for the first time since I was maybe thirteen. I'm going through way too many clothes.

For now, I'm off to go to lots of homework I've been putting off. Tonight may prove to be an all-nighter for school, but she's worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment