Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Every little thing she does is magic

I can't believe it's already been almost a week since I've had Juliette. This week has been a little strange because of the blizzard, which granted me two school-less days that I would not normally have had. But, this is also good for her to get used to me being gone a little more gradually.

For the past three nights now, Juliette has gone in her crate to sleep with no argument whatsoever. Last night, she went in at about 10:30 p.m. She woke up at 11:15 p.m. and whined, so I took her outside, then she went back to sleep and didn't wake me up until about 8 a.m. this morning, which was a huge achievement.

In general, she slept a lot yesterday, and she's definitely grown. Today, she's been a little fireball and running around getting into everything. The only problem is that she makes me laugh when she's getting into things, which is not good for disciplining, but she is getting better. Today was very exciting because my dad was home from work, too, and Juliette is absolutely in love with my dad.

Every day, there are little things she does that are incredibly fun and exciting and I can't help but want to watch her all the time! It makes getting homework (or anything, really) done quite hard, but I just don't want to miss anything. Yesterday, for example, she finally figured out how to squeak her moose toy. She's been watching us squeak it and kept trying and finally got it yesterday! These things may seem silly, but I don't want to miss a second of it.

Today had a few new firsts for us. The first of those was the first snowstorm that I've seen her witness. She loved it, of course. Having been born and initially raised on the west side of the state, she's no stranger to it, and she has loved romping around in it. The second of these was that my aunt Sue came over today and met her, so she has been our first guest and the first person outside of the people who live here and neighbors that Juliette has met, since Maggie wasn't able to come over on Sunday.

Right now, we are experiencing another first -- both my parents are out right now at an appointment for my mom. So, for the first time ever, I am alone at home with her. She was very sad that my parents left, of course (she's very clearly a people-puppy and loves to have and be a companion), but now, she's on the couch with me, her head is on my legs and she's asleep and dreaming. Her paws are going and her eyelids are twitching, and her tail is even wagging, so it must be a good dream! Anyhow, I'm incredibly grateful to have her here, because this was kind of the point -- I am a dog person, I don't like not having a dog, I hate being alone at home without a dog. I'm so happy to have her here with me!

Tonight's picture is of Juliette discovering my laptop last night. She is very, very interested in it and from the determination on her face, I swear she is trying to figure out what it does and how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment